Sunday 23 July 2017

There can be life after breast cancer. The prerequisite is early detection. ~Ann Jillian

"Housekeeping ain't no joke." - Louisa May Alcott.

Happy birthday to Hazel Francis seen here with Peter Francis.  They hired me as their housekeeper in the late 90's in Canada.  They gave me this photo which I put a Canadian sticker and wrote Live 101 because I experienced through them what to love each other meant.  From making sandwiches for each other to giving the last kiss to a dying spouse. First Peter died, then months after Hazel.  They could not live without each other. They were the first elderly couple I saw sleeping in separate bedrooms, leave alone separate beds.  Then I realised other couples did this too.  Very interesting.  I don't know if it is a Canadian thing to sleep alone, a health thing or an old people's thing.

It is awesome to have the sunflower image on the photo, my favourite flower that "follows every movement of the sun."  A song from advanced school, Kenya. Happy birthday to my class mate Alice Okoko, Loreto High School Matunda, 1986-1987. 

Peter Francis was in the war, (respect) and he got to Canada where Hazel Francis joined him with their daughter.  Hazel and their daughter came by boat from Europe when the daughter was five years old.

They had two grandsons from their daughter.

Peter, that charm you gave me ended up with Michael Fraser who used to teach at Arbutus school and later SJ Willis.  I would like my charm back please Michael, if at all possible.  I was mentally ill when I gave the necklace with the charm away.  Peace.

Hazel showed me her chest one day, she had rough Total Mastectomy done.  Both breasts were gone - seemed brutal. Which reminds me, I need to book for a mammogram screening - I am glad to live in British Columbia (BC) Canada, thank the #Lord.  I was traumatised at the surgical marks on Hazel.  The procedure seems more forgiving today. 

Years ahead, I would meet my late girlfriend Gayle Quin who would thereafter battle breast cancer, have one breast removal, and subsequently die of cancer spreading into her bones. I miss her.
RIP Gayle.
My prayer is for the whole world to have the same/if not better standard of screening for breast cancer as does BC Cancer Agency, who provide Care and Research through the Provincial Health Services Authority.  According to BC Cancer Agency, women between age 40 - 74 without breast cancer history in the family can have a mammogram every two years and women 40 - 74 years of age with breast cancer history in one first degree relative should have a mammogram every year.
A doctor's referral is not needed.
LINK - Breast Cancer - BC Cancer Agency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A TearDrop. Tears are made out of a single teardrop. Precious. Tears are healing. cleansers!

My photo
Tears at birth, at death. Born. With a beautiful flower. A flower to be respected, loved and cared for. Not to be damaged. A flower to be let to unfold in its own good time. A flower to be kissed by the right person, at the right time. Not to be mangled. Not to be dismantled at a young age. A flower to be preserved until the time is right. A flower to be benefited from with permission and gentleness. Let us begin a new age where men and women pay attention to the fact that between the groin are valuables we carry with us. They are, foreskin, penis, testicles, vulva, hymen, vagina. These valuables are for pleasure, procreation, peeing, periods - and I forgot the anus which has many functions, including keeping us flushed out and healthy. As we teach head, shoulder, knees and toes, a brilliant idea would be to teach about flowers and butterflies while we are at it. 1 Thessalonians 4:3 "For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality;" "We all dream dreams of unity, of purity; we all dream that there's an authoritative voice out there that will explain things, including ourselves." Junot Díaz. HIV/AIDS comes from ignorance. It must go. 61617