Friday 4 August 2017

"...The civil law being thus become the common rule of citizens, the law of nature no longer obtained but among the different societies, in which, under the name of the law of nations, it was qualified by some tacit conventions to render commerce possible, and supply the place of natural compassion, which, losing by degrees all that influence over societies which it originally had over individuals, no longer exists but in some great souls, who consider themselves as citizens of the world, and forcing the imaginary barriers that separate people from people after the example of the Sovereign Being from whom we all derive our existence, make the whole human race the object of their benevolence...” ― Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Discourse on the Origin of Inequality.


Kenya DOES NOT belong to 2 tribes only. Kenya has 42 tribes. to say that the decision of 2 tribes is the decision of the whole country is fallacy and outright dictatorship and tribalism. Akuku Mach Pep, Democracy on Trial― Akuku Mach Pep

Ukabila by Mr Cartoon Kenya

 


Being married away from home and living far away from my culture, I still think hard about Kenya.  It took decades to tell my soul that by-gone is by-gone.  And I hope for Kenya, we can heal our post colonial wounds, accept our differences and re-learn to live together.

There was hot pursuit in my young days by a Luo man and a Masai man at about the same time.  We were Young Christian Students YCS an organization I joined because my advanced school was a Catholic School.  The Masai was 22 years old and a teacher at Kabarak High School, the Luo was 16 years old in advanced school, St Patrick Iten, and I was 17 years old at advanced school,  Loreto High School, Matunda.  It was 32 years ago or so.  Because they were not my tribe and they were Catholics not Protestants, the elders in my life said I would not marry any of the the two men.  This started a wound in my heart that only started healing in the last 7 years of my life.  The pain caused by the elders decision to stop my heart's desire has been unmanageable to say the least.

Kenya today is very different than 32 years ago.  Many tribes inter-marry.  My Gikuyu tribe gets married to the Luo tribe now.  And Masai men and women marry men and women from other tribes including Gikuyu.  It is good to know that this happens.  It is also good to know that Enkai Supat's plan. Or Nyasaye's plan, Ngai's plan is not man's plan.

My life was destined to marry outside my Gikuyu tribe, found in Kenya.   I finally at 36 years old, (2005) married into a White family.  I am grateful.  My elder had previously written to me and granted me permission to get married to anyone I wanted.  Imagine that!

The main people running for presidency in Kenya are His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta and Mr Raila Odinga, Former Prime Minister of Kenya.  If 32 years prior I was married to the Luo man or the Masai man, who would I vote for today?  I can see why BBC NEWS did this story below.

How Kenya election puts strain on ethnically mixed couples.
Link 


Kenya, Ashe Oleng, Nyasaye Oriti, Rathimwoi.
P A M O J A.

For today, as heard on CBC Radio One, Rwanda is having a presidential election.  All the best Rwanda, and may God watch over us all.  Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A TearDrop. Tears are made out of a single teardrop. Precious. Tears are healing. cleansers!

My photo
Tears at birth, at death. Born. With a beautiful flower. A flower to be respected, loved and cared for. Not to be damaged. A flower to be let to unfold in its own good time. A flower to be kissed by the right person, at the right time. Not to be mangled. Not to be dismantled at a young age. A flower to be preserved until the time is right. A flower to be benefited from with permission and gentleness. Let us begin a new age where men and women pay attention to the fact that between the groin are valuables we carry with us. They are, foreskin, penis, testicles, vulva, hymen, vagina. These valuables are for pleasure, procreation, peeing, periods - and I forgot the anus which has many functions, including keeping us flushed out and healthy. As we teach head, shoulder, knees and toes, a brilliant idea would be to teach about flowers and butterflies while we are at it. 1 Thessalonians 4:3 "For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality;" "We all dream dreams of unity, of purity; we all dream that there's an authoritative voice out there that will explain things, including ourselves." Junot Díaz. HIV/AIDS comes from ignorance. It must go. 61617